Re: GEEK Dinner

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] GEEK Dinner
  • From: Kitty kitty@ojai.net
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:07:33 -0800

Does this mean the dinner is in Fremont? Where is Fremont? Yes, I lead a protected life.

Kitty in tiny, protected Ojai
On Jan 25, 2004, at 10:36 PM, John I Jones wrote:

It is time to start thinking about the 2004 Convention and the Geek Dinner.

You have to eat, right? So eat with the rest of us at the Geek Dinner on Friday night. You don’t have to be a “computer Geek” to join a bunch of terrific people, Geek and non-Geek, who come together for this event every year. Meet new friends and catch up with old ones for dinner and conversation including door prizes and an auction. Last year’s door prizes included generous gift certificates from hybridizers and iris items from friends. The hit of the evening was the auction conducted by George Sutton, bringing in $1400 in donations to the American Iris Society Electronic Services fund. The next day everyone was talking about the dinner. Don’t miss it! George will be back!

If you would like to donate something to the Geek Dinner auction, we would greatly appreciate it. All (every penny) goes to the Electronic Services Fund of the AIS to support the growing use of computers with in the society. This year the fund is buying a LCD projector so you can use your laptop to project pictures on a screen much like a slide projector. It will be available to AIS members making presentions to iris groups etc. So, do you have an iris item to donate?

COST: $20.00 (not included in convention registration)
DATE: Friday, April 23, 2004
TIME: 5 – 7 pm
LOCATION: Salon A1, Radisson Hotel
MENU: Chicken Ceasar salad with garlic bread
Cheesecake
RSVP: Joanne Prass Jones
Email: Joanne@usjoneses.com
Phone: (510) 795-9723

Make check payable to: Joanne Prass-Jones
Mailing address: 35572 Linda Drive
Fremont, CA 94536

Thx

John | "There be dragons here"