AIS Silent Auction 2004

We are holding the Silent Auction again at the AIS 2004 Convention in Fresno, California!  That means we need your contributions to ensure the success that we have enjoyed in the past years.  This event is a major fundraiser for AIS and your past and future support is greatly appreciated.

The Silent Auction has become a popular part of our conventions and it is a fun way to raise funds for the support of AIS.  Many people have iris treasures they could donate and it is a great way for hybridizers to get their new introductions seen in different parts of the country.  We are looking for iris artifacts, iris books/old catalogs, iris artwork and new or recent iris introductions.  However, if you would like to donate any other irises that are rare or unusual, that would work fine also.  Potted plants of any kind, from those who are driving to the Convention, make a great addition to the fun and profit!  Just drop us a note and let us know what you have.

This year’s convention is scheduled for April 19-24, 2004 so please let us know what you can donate no later than March 15, 2004 so we can prepare the bid sheets.  Send a short note to our address below, e-mail us or call.

Hybridizers donating introductions are reminded that the picture sells the plant so include a picture of your intro! Donors with items bigger or heavier than you are willing to transport can ship them directly to our contact at the Convention - just let us know and we'll give you instructions.

Rita and Tom Gormley
AIS Silent Auction Chairs
Gormley Greenery
6717 Martha Drive