Re: about seedlings.....

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: about seedlings.....
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:14:08 -0500

Paul, the orange with the horns, that is delightful
I know what you mean about going over the photos in the midst of winter.  Right now is the hardest part of waiting--it was still 19 degrees here around noon, even though we really aren't very far north of Atlanta.
Bright sun is beginning to evaporate (melt? never!--it's far to cold) some of the snow, so just maybe....a few more days and we can start getting outside again.
If I didn't have a bunch of digital photos I took of some seedlings I'd be winter stir crazy.  At the time I was taking them I was in so much pain that it was "shoot and run"--I couldn't see the images worth a darn through the rangefinder lens, and the viewing screen is just plain worthless in sunlight....so I ended up with one of the most important ones out of focus, rather badly....and I look at it anyway.  It has gorgeous color!  When I got inside and unloaded the camera's memory into the computer and realized how bad it was, I just hurt too much to go back out and do it right...and I've been sorry ever since.
Today I've been going through Denise Stewart's photos on Snowpeak Iris in Oregon.  She's adding photos (or someone is) faster than I seem able to digest what I do see.  I have seen some of those parents talked about on the SpaceAgeRobin and the SDB's here on this one--giving me a much better idea of how very good your seedlings are.  If you are guided mostly by just plain natural sense of what works and intuition, all I can say is--you've sure got the gift.  You bless us all in sharing those wonderful little ones.  How better could I say "Thanks!"
Neil Mogensen

Yahoo! Groups Links