Re: Survivors and Hybridizers

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Survivors and Hybridizers
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:22:13 EST

In a message dated 1/28/2004 9:10:18 AM Central Standard Time, hensler@povn.net writes:

LOCAL COLOR determined to grow and bloom in spite of some wild spring weather. The burnt tips of the leaves in the background are from frost damage. The photo was taken while trying to dodge some 30 mph gusts.

Local Color was the vigor champion here in the evaluation I previously mentioned. It had a remarkable 18x increase. It was chased hard by Moores' Lemon Chess for the honor. The introductions of both hybridizers had 100% survival rates during that time.

They are two different animals (the irises) not the hybridizers (the heroes). Wish I had the two planted together (the irises). <laughin'>

Bill Burleson old zone 7a/b new 8?

Yahoo! Groups Links