Re: Re; Seedling Photos

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Re; Seedling Photos
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" lacedgables@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:40:24 -0800 (PST)

Mary Swann-Young <MryL1@msn.com> wrote:
Never get enough of seedling photos, especially this time of year!  Please post any you have, even if they're not wonderful.  I learn as much from  failures as from successes.  Just, please, give the seedling # and parentage with the photo. Additional info on vigor, bud count, branching, etc.  is great, too.
Watching my seeds sprouting got me this far, but it's kind of like watching paint dry.  Three more months to get through before Mulberry Echo starts the show.
Please post those photos!
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5.  6 inch snow cover (finally) -15 wind chill.
Wow!  You sound like you need a fix!...You say that you like things that aren't worthy of introduction...I have a few of those :)
1001-A was the first to open from the cross and I think, was the best!  This little guy gets to about 11" and has two branches on each stem with 4-5 buds per stem.  There were four stalks on the first year bloom!
1001-H was a sib to the first one.  One branch, only 3 buds, but it is fun...Not what I would consider a finished flower in form.
(Chubby Cheeks x Chanted) this was great when it first opened and I loved the form, but then as it aged it elongated its petals and looked doggy....Two branches and four buds.....
Thanks for looking....Paul

Yahoo! Groups Links

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links