Re: Re: DFCS SA photos - CULT: slough of despair (was Blyth etc

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: DFCS SA photos - CULT: slough of despair (was Blyth etc
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" lacedgables@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:25:18 -0800 (PST)

Margie Valenzuela <IrisLady@comcast.net> wrote:
I am enjoying your seedling photos immensely.  Every one of them is not only great to look at, but is food for thought as well.  How long have you been hybridizing?
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
Margie: I have had a lot of interuptions and failures (like the season when NO seed germinated because of lack of water over the dry cold winter...that was early in the game for me...) but I'd say about ten years.  I didn't really start to get the hang of it until about three years ago.  You don't really know what a good parent is until you stumble upon one, or have someone tell you what their results were.  If you are starting to hybridize, use 'Chanted' it has never failed to bring something out on even the ugliest of crosses....I had read Barry Blyths comments on this little guy and started there.   A little blind faith after that and then just sorting through what comes....nature rewards.......Paul

Yahoo! Groups Links

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links