Re: Posts are hard to read

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Posts are hard to read
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:17:46 EST

In a message dated 1/29/2004 8:38:49 AM Central Standard Time, oneofcultivars@aol.com writes:

Guessing but, looks to me like some are clipping/highlighting portions of text from the original message, then clicking reply, then typing a response, then highlighting  both the original text and the response, then clicking send.

I concur with Bill in the first half of the above response . . . as I do exactly that when I reply. However, I do not highlight the original text and the response before clicking send.

When I want to respond to more than one point within a post I will highlight/copy the entire post and then remove the parts I do not consider necessary to maintain continuity.  I've not been able to find a way (control doesn't work) to highlight multiple parts of a post for copying.  I believe this may be a problem.

Since AOL (only??) started using the blue line (which I can see on the copied text above) it has been hard to maintain separation of the quoted copy from the new copy.  It requires breaking the blue line to establish evidence of new material.  This is not always easy.  Also, material is then 'scrambled' during transmission making clarity even more obscure.

Anyone else have the above problems?

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here