Re: seedling 952G8 (was Re; Seedling Photos)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] seedling 952G8 (was Re; Seedling Photos)
  • From: "J. Paul Hill" lacedgables@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:41:58 -0800 (PST)

Griff: Do you know of the difficulties that were written about (in the "World Of Iris")  using that line of Amoena pattern?  It seems you found a path around it.  These are all very nice and I would like to know more when they bloom this year....Mostly are they fertile?  That's the hybridizer in me...it's always the first thing I think of....These are very nice seedlings.  Paul             PS  Seven buds is good.....

"J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com> wrote:
Paul -- 952G8 is a border bearded.  I don't have any notes on branching and bud count, but can say that the branching is pleasing.  Bud count probably doesn't exceed 7.  I'm attaching photos of some seedlings from the same cross, but from a different lot of seeds.  I think the differences may be  interesting.  --  Griff

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links