RE: Favorite seedling from #16-#21

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Favorite seedling from #16-#21
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:02:26 -0700

Margie, we agree again.  #16 is another of those striped things.  I can see the influence of Ring Around Rosie in them.  #17 is a change from that.  I see influence from Romantic Evening in it.

I had several seedlings bloom from New Leaf X Ring Around Rosie.  Most did as Rick Ernst said and bloomed right down in the dirt.  One however was a large, tall, dull red with streaks.  I crossed it with Epicenter.  I didn’t get the seeds planted till after Christmas, and with all the rain and mud I can’t even get out to get the row cover over them.  I hope they germinate, survive the summer and provide something interesting to look at in 2006.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9