Re:HYB: Known Seedling Parentages sent by Paul Black

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re:HYB: Known Seedling Parentages sent by Paul Black
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:42:31 -0500

I've really enjoyed seeing the Mid-America photos and having some notations on the ancestries is a real plus.  Thank you Margie and Robin, and also to Paul Black for supplying some of the pedigrees.

The inclusion of NOTORIOUS is not surprising.

The fact that the "Line and Speckle" pattern <also> probably comes through Notorious, and the pattern taking the direction it has with EXPOSE makes these seedlings from Mid-America especially interesting from a genetic standpoint--as well as being extraordinary for their beauty.

The Blyth/Keppel/Ghio bloodlines showing up also does not surprise me.  I'm really glad Robin and Margie have posted the photos.

The photos also give me pause.....a number of the seedlings I've bloomed over the last two years have had quite a few with hafts and upper falls with similar character.  I think I need to rethink my selection criteria.  Many of these have been tossed out abruptly as they opened their first flowers.  A few had such strong plusses in many characteristics I tolerated their being saved for another look.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  western NC mountain subtropics (for this week at least)

Yahoo! Groups Links