Seeking Ideas

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Seeking Ideas
  • From: Robt R Pries rpries@sbcglobal.net
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:54:00 -0800 (PST)

            We are hoping to make the St Louis Spring AIS Convention exciting and different. We are attempting a national flower show, and a poster session. I believe the people of this forum may have some exciting ideas and with this post I am soliciting your input.

            For those who donít attend other types of conferences and conventions let me briefly explain a poster session. Posters and or displays of ideas, projects, or short papers are displayed with the presenter standing next to their idea. Conventioneers are able to look at the poster, see the idea, and discus it one on one with the presenter. Posters usually have a limited amount of text, but pictures, charts or other graphics that support the idea. It is a great way to meet people with ideas and network. It can serve as an ice-breaker for conversations. It is our hope that a great potpourri of ideas will be presented and that there will be a stimulation of thought at the convention. Some ideas suggested that are within this scope are: promotion of new Iris books in the works, a bulletin board for postcards listing plants people are looking for, successful projects of local clubs, A display of the actual awards that are presented, a hybridizers approach to a particular problem in their breeding program. The list is varied and I am hoping you might have suggestions and/or even wish to participate. At many conventions people find this the most fun event.

Yahoo! Groups Links