Re: Analysis of MS seedlings -Flavanoid?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Analysis of MS seedlings -Flavanoid?
  • From: "irischap" irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:13:42 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Margie Valenzuela"
<IrisLady@c...> wrote:
> Chuck wrote: "Here is a good time to do some kitchen chemistry on
FoF and
> the seedlings with yellow".
> Hi Chuck,  I can't do this now, but when they bloom this spring I
sure can.
> Thank you for the detailed instructions on how one would do this.
It's been
> saved for future use.
> All of this is making sense to me so far.  (A little hard to follow at
> times, then it "clicks" and I can go on.)  Your step by step
analysis is
> fascinating.
> Margie V.
> Oro Valley, AZ.
> Zone 8/9
> IrisLady@c...

If you could do this it would be superb.
What we are doing here is pioneering a whole new way of researching
pigments and patterns. We are using new technology, internet, chat
groups and digital cameras in ways not previous possible. Previously a
researcher would count what they saw in regards to the factor they
were exploring and used words to describe outcome. Any second thoughts
couldn't be explored as plants had been discrded. This way a lot of
different factors can be looked at and evaluated and they can all be
reexamined as new ideas occur.

A description of the pigment that I'm speculating is flavanoid would
have been described as yellow or light yellow and only with pictures
can it be seen that there is a possibility of it being a different

Also many people can look at the pictures and all can get involved in
the discussion. Room for all sorts of discussion and thoerizing ,
hopefully leasing to testable theories.

Chuck Chapman

Yahoo! Groups Links