TB: Intimidator (Black '03)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Intimidator (Black '03)
  • From: "Cordesview" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:19:26 -0500

When I was in Oregon in 2003, I saw the field clump of this iris at Mid-America Gardens.  No joking, it was like a mountain standing in the middle of the field!  Intimidator was easily 8 inches (22cm) higher than the average level of the field!  I was so happy to get it as a bonus that year!

Here in Michigan, my own specimen of Intimidator did have a first year bloom.  It was only 3 feet tall, but in comparison to all the other first-year blooms in that bed, it was still the tallest!!  I can't wait to see how well it does this year.  It really is a tall iris, registered at 52" (132cm), and strong enough stalks to withstand that tower of height!

Adam~
Adam Cordes
President -- Mio Iriarians
Hillman, Michigan