IB: Peachy Face (B. Jones '75)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] IB: Peachy Face (B. Jones '75)
  • From: "Cordesview" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:33:20 -0500

This little beauty was used as a scientific experiment last year.  :-}  I tried my hand at some "Grass B Gone" to see if it really stopped Quack Grass.  Peachy Face was right in the way, and since the produce wasn't supposed to hurt iris, I went ahead and sprayed all the grass in the area, as well as half the clump of Peachy Face.  (This was before the bloom stalk was growing in the spring.)  Well, as many of you probably know what happened, the grass withered, and Peachy Face produced a normal healthy stalk with normal flowers!  cool!

So, here's a picture for you to enjoy.

Oh, this iris was freely given to me from our club along with several other IB or SDB's back at my very first attendance of a show in 1998.

Adam~

Adam Cordes
President -- Mio Iriarians
Hillman, Michigan