AIS:Color Patterns (was Timewarp)

  • Subject: [iris-photos]AIS:Color Patterns (was Timewarp)
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:33:37 EST

In a message dated 1/21/2005 9:54:37 A.M. Central Standard Time, neilm@charter.net writes:
Doing the same with "plicata" will disorient or disturb the more verbally conservative of us, but I suspect the majority of folks in the iris world will not blink an eye at the change.
Neil,  I looked up Hey Joe as you suggested!  Pity it was never introduced.

I'm still learning, and things like this add to my confusion.

If people don't want to call a yellow on white a plicata?  I'm okay with that, but I want to know what I do call it!  (Not just yellow on white) LOL!  I'm thinking out loud here . . . if I crossed something like Pure and Simple (yellow standards, white fall with yellow band) with something like Charleston (plicata) what would I get???

I feel the same about fall blooming irises that we aren't supposed to call rebloomers.  If they ONLY rebloom in the fall, I'm okay with calling them fall bloomers.  But if they bloom in the spring AND fall, but don't meet other set requirements?  What do we call them?

More questions than answers!!!

Yahoo! Groups Links