Re: HYB:Keepers? Betty's seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]HYB:Keepers? Betty's seedling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:36:10 EST

In a message dated 1/29/2005 11:44:48 A.M. Central Standard Time, mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com writes:
I would save this one .(1701-4RE_I) It looks like it might improve a lot next year. Of course I like red bearded blues.
Me too!  I think that's why I'm so drawn to it.  I had to go all the way back to Latin Lady to locate the beard.  Feed Back is in the parentage on both sides but it's beard is only red in the throat. I saw 5 bloom from this cross (this fall) and 2 more put up stalks that froze out.  This is the only one with outstanding beards. (I did post 1701-1RE earlier, the burgundy with a darker wash.  It was the only one that wasn't purple.)  More to see in the spring.  This is one I can't duplicate as I didn't save the pod parent.

I've got a few seedlings (less than a dozen) from 3rd year seedling pots.  I don't plan to save past 2 years in the future. I was frustrated in the past due to limited planting space.  Now my limitations will be energy and time.  My seedling pots are being watered well as I write!

Yahoo! Groups Links