Re: Re:SPU:Strange Growth

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re:SPU:Strange Growth
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 07:11:56 EST

In a message dated 1/2/2006 10:11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time, willwarner@alltel.net writes:
<<http://www.daylilies.org/ahs_dictionary/proliferation.html>>
Will, that's a great picture.

But, I doubt if I'd found the ones on my daylilies if they'd looked like the ones in the picture.  Mine looked like little clumps and had nearly 1 inch roots when I found them.  The stalks were already brown and I was cleaning up for the daylily rebloom.

The reason I notice them is that the green looks strange sticking up in the air.  I didn't have many daylilies and wasn't as good about cutting stalks on them.  Haven't had one since I moved . . . but I haven't really checked most of them either.

Both proliferations and rebloom were abundant with the built up beds I had in Bowling Green.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS