Re: reblooming SA seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] reblooming SA seedling
  • From: orders@suttoniris.com
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:30:14 -0800

Hi Betty,
One did open with the same coloring and very wide form.  It was immediately fried by frost the same evening it opened.  The falls were a little darker with a light orange 1/8" edge, the zonal area was much oranger.  The standards were deeper orange with a lighter edge and a dark maroon wire rim. Bright, bright red orange beards.  An amazing flower!  I referred to it briefly in one of the earlier postings.  Can't wait for spring bloom on this cross!
thanks for the feed back
<<The standards are much fuller and more ruffled and the appendages all have consistent large purple peteloids. >>
Mike, I can see how people that like the space age iris might like this one, but my favorite is still the first one you posted.  If one opens with that color combination and the wider form, let us know!  Of course, I'm not a fan of space age iris and speak from that perspective.