HYB: ROMEO for Robin

  • Subject: HYB: ROMEO for Robin
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:25:19 -0800 (PST)

Hello Robin,
Here's a picture I took of the historic diploid ROMEO
-- so excuse the amateur quality -- but you can still
get an idea of its color pattern. Is there a modern TB
that matches this? I'm guessing there probably is.

And now while I'm looking at the picture... I know it
would just be considered haft markings to many
people... but the white/dark purple markings look
different somehow to me. And I know that there are
already irises with haft striping extended out onto
the falls, but my imagination sees one with the
blotchy markings of ROMEO extending over the falls.
What I'm picturing would sure be striking. Kind of
like some of the broken color irises but with a more
regular(?)/non-random pattern.
I've tried to cut and paste a picture of ROMEO to sort
of suggest what I mean.

http://mail.yahoo.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity