Re: RE:Let't improve the register!

  • Subject: Re: RE:Let't improve the register!
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:13:20 +0100

Hello Mike
This is great news!
It allows all languages to be present in the register, which is fantastic considering languages are dying as the same speed as endangered species !
So, when we register an iris, only it's spelling and it's sound is banned from any other use, but not it's meaning, which allows any litteral translation that makes the name look and sound different.
Even if I LOVE YOU -Gartman 1993- exists,
JE T'AIME ( French ) is allowed !
As well as ICH LIEBE DICH ( German), IK HOU VAN JOU ( Dutch ), YA TIBIA LYOUBLYOU ( Russian ), TI AMO and TI VOGLIO BENE ( Italian) or in any other language as long as it looks and sounds different to I LOVE YOU !
But if i have, some others might too !
In he chapter "The following names will not be permitted"
f) Slight variation of a previously registered name.
k) Names translated from the original language. (They should be transliterated as necessary instead.) could be more precise, even with examples, for dummies like me who dare understand the meaning of words in more than one language!
Thanks again for "putting the dots on the i-s" as the French and the Dutch say...
And even if I still think Eleanor of Aquitaine-2006 looks and sounds VERY close to Alienor d'Aquitaine-1991, the rule beeing the rule, so be it !