Re: NOID SDB yellow very early

  • Subject: Re: NOID SDB yellow very early
  • From: "Kent Appleberry" <appleb@cut.net>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:37:52 -0000

Loic, that's an interesting comparison.  On this one the main reasons for
rejecting the Vavoom ID were that Vavoom doesn't lighten much if any toward
the edges on the falls, which is very noticeable on this one, and Vavoom has a
higher contrast in colors.  I have two of these plants, and both, in different
locations and sun conditions, were decidedly light in color, as shown in the
original photo.  Vavoom has those very saturated falls that really stand out.
 So I suspect this one, like the other I posted, was labeled by a name that it
roughly resembles rather than what it is.  Nice shot of Vavoom, by the way.
Here''s a close-up showing how saturated and solid the color is out to the
edges on the falls:

Incidentally, I got both of these mislabeled irises from someone who sells
quite a variety of irises and has a fine website.  (And I'm happy to have
them, whatever they are--I didn't pay too much.)

I've fluffed it up a bit with more contrast and a bit more saturation, and it
looks like the pictures of Vavoom i've found on internet, with even the
lighter stripes close to the beards.