Re: Re: Huck Finn - photo

  • Subject: Re: Re: Huck Finn - photo
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:38:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi Loic,

I agree with you.   I just checked the registry and it does not match.  The blended standards and the beard seem to be okay but the falls should be chocolate and do not mention any banding.

I took the picture on a garden trek so it probably is incorrect.  I have not grown this variety myself.

Hope someone else has a correct picture.

Thanks, Jan in Chatsworth

loic tasquier <tasquierloic@cs.com> wrote:

Hello Jan
When i saw the picture of Huck Finn i thought it really looked like Oklahoma Bandit, which is possible since it's the pol parent, but checking in the register, it doesn't say Huck Finn has the spot of it's father, it implies it's an even chocolate brow, doesn't it?.

HUCK FINN
(Virginia Messick, R. 1991), Sdlg. M86-53. IB, 17" (43 cm), EM
"S. rosy brown blend; F. chocolate brown; beards brick bronze, tipped bronze; slight fragrance. Hilow X Oklahoma Bandit. Cottage 1991 "
OKLAHOMA BANDIT
(H. Nichols, R. 1979), Sdlg. 7861A. IB, 22" (56 cm), M-L
"S. bright tawny gold, claret base; F. same, washed claret; orange-bronze beard; ruffled. Raspberry Ripples X Cherry Garden. LaCresta, Nichols 1980 HM 1982, AM 1984, Sass 1988."

    I've attached the picture of Oklahoma Bandit.
    Maybe the label in the garden was wrong?
    Or Virginia Messick made a mistake when discribing her iris?
    I love mysteries...
    Loïc