Re: TB: Iris Pedigrees

  • Subject: Re: TB: Iris Pedigrees
  • From: Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:20:35 -0800 (PST)

Making the links to the photos isn't hard, the photos don't even have to be on a data base.  They just have to be published somewhere on the internet.  If I have a picture of the iris, I can publish it myself on a page that I keep just for this purpose.  It would take much greater storage capacity than I have to do this on a large scale.
I know there are programs out there that can work through data if each parent is registered.  Not sure how the program would handle seedlings though.  Computer programmer, I am not.  At one point I had heard that there was a program for Macintosh that could do it.  It would almost be worth it to get a Mac, if that were true.
Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE  brrrrr