Re: Re: I ran across this in my archives, thought I would share...

  • Subject: Re: Re: I ran across this in my archives, thought I would share...
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:14:12 EST

Hmmm... We need a Sass expert to sort this one out.
As I interpret the '49 CL  -- MOONLIGHT SEA was registered in 1942 but not introduced.  MOONLIT SEA was introduced in 1943.  Both are shown in all caps, indicating the names were approved at the time.  Then, referencing AIS Bulletin 98:72, Moonlight Sea was reclassified as a synonym of MOONLIT SEA.
Sharon McAllister