Re: Double Vision child

  • Subject: Re: Double Vision child
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:10:06 -0500

It is still alive.  Moved to the reselct bed this past summer.  Very slow grower.  It's one of my favorites.  I put off using it as a parent due to the slow growth, but it's very strong.  I may change my mind this spring.

Guess I will try to remember what I posted in the luminata thread.  23 seed/4 plants.  I held them for a couple of years and planted them when I moved out here.  All have PBF.  All are slow growers, but strong.  There are two plicatas, one fancy and one plain . . . red on cream.  (pod parent is good grower)

Another Journey is (Her Royal Highness x Inferno) x sibling.  I registered it while I was in BG, but once it bloomed in large quantity out here, I was disappointed.  The form was not as good as it had been in BG and it often drops a branch.  I have liked it as a parent.  I took a picture the first year it bloomed here . . . it helped me decide not to introduce it.  I'll see if I can find it.

Double Vision gave a 14 inch stalk the first year, with 3 blooms, and then died.  So the seedlings are doing well. (vbg)

Still working on a red reblooming line.  One may inherit the name.  (AJ)

Before anyone asks . . . I have no regrets that I used an iris that showed so little stamina in my garden.  The red seedling is an all time favorite of mine.  It has a home.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Betty W./South Central KY/zone 6

Is it still alive?
And what about Another Journey...any picture?