Re: HYB: Luminata seedling

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Luminata seedling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:29:31 -0500

Loic, I thought I'd share my one experience with DV.  Several years ago, I crossed it onto the seedling that I registered as Another Journey but didn't introduce.
23 seed.
4 plants.
Held over and not planted until I moved out here in 2003.  They all have been very slow to grow, but tenacious.  The pod parent is medium to fast in growth & increase.  A gorgeous smooth burgundy self was moved to the reselect bed.  For my pleasure or future use.  As Griff says, it will probably never be introduced due to the slow growth.

All had PBF, but the real surprise was the two red on cream plicatas I got from the cross, one fancy and one plain.  I was not aware of plicata in the background of the pod seedling.

I've been reluctant to use these in breeding but I have hopes that the increase problem can be cured in a second generation.

I've been a bit surprised at a relative randomness of increase.  (as opposed to vigor)

Most of the 1812 (Lemon Reflection x All Revved Up) children have been mid to great with increase, but some of the children appear to be much slower.
Double Vision,