Re: HYB: pedigree charts

  • Subject: Re: HYB: pedigree charts
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:12:54 -0500

Hi Sharon.

I'm interested & probably others are too, but too shy to say so <g>

And could you post a jpg/photo of the resulting chart? Or link
somewhere to a typical output?

About how much does the Family Legends software cost?

<Family Legends is the program I've used for some years to maintain my
genealogy database. Although it is designed with human beings in mind,
I was able to trick it into handling iris. While it doesn't print the
standard-format iris pedigree charts like the programs I wrote years ago
did, Family Legends does prepare a detailed ancestral chart with the
needed information and that is in itself a major time-saver.
In less than three hours, I figured out how to configure the database,
entered five test cases (candidates for 2008 introduction) and got
individual charts covering as many as 8 generations. The real pay-off
will come with future subjects, because I won't have to re-enter
information about any of the parents now in the database.

If anyone is interested in trying this, I can elaborate on the "how-to's". >
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

__._,_.___
Recent Activity