HYB: Results of two luminata crosses

  • Subject: HYB: Results of two luminata crosses
  • From: "fjmjedwards" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:37:14 -0700

These two luminata seedlings are siblings from Carnival Song X Fancy Woman.  In 2006 I crossed them both by New Leaf.  I am confused by the growth patterns of their seedlings.  New Leaf is a poor grower for me, though I’ve had it for six years and it’s still alive.  35-27 A is also a slow grower.  Its sibling, the luminata B, does much better.  They both made good pods with about 24 seeds each.  However, B produced poor germination and weak seedlings.  As of right now, only two look as though they might survive to bloom, though probably not this year.  It’s a different story with A.  It had very good germination, and I hope to see bloom on about 20 good strong clumps.  I am surprised.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group