BB Photos: Reblooing seedling in bloom now

  • Subject: BB Photos: Reblooing seedling in bloom now
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:15:52 -0700

This seedling is reblooming for me right now. It's Lichen x Exclusive Design.

For winter rebloom - - it is taller than most that rebloom for me in fall or winter. Most rebloomers average 12 - 18 inches when they rebloom. This one reblooms at 27 and a half inches tall. The same height as it is in the spring.

The Luminata genes are slightly visible in this, BUT I wouldn't classify it as a rebloooming luminata. There are a few light plicata lines around the beard. And the lighter (luminata -like) veining in the falls are more noticable during spring bloom, as well as the thin white edges on the falls........ which (I'm thinking) could indicate a heavy wash over white falls.

Winter rebloom

Spring bloom

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.