TB: Madeira (Schreiner, 1993)
  • Subject: TB: Madeira (Schreiner, 1993)
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:53:48 -0500

Okay everyone, laugh with me!

Even though I haven't been on the list for it's whole existence, in twelve years of posts, there isn't even one mention of this Schreiner's iris introduction.  :-)    Now, I understand that there ARE indeed thousands of irises introduced every year, and even more seedlings that get posted on our list, so there's going to be tons of irises' photos that don't get listed.

But (and this is the laughing part) I put out a photo request of this one to the list in 2006, and no-one had a photo for me.  After our club's plant sale, I brought the rhizomes of this iris home and planted them for another years' sale.  Maybe now that I have a photo of this beauty it will sell better?  :-)  *smile!*

Okay, one more thing... what is a "Madeira"  or what language is it?  I checked it out on my computer's translation feature, and it didn't have a translation for me.  Any of you linguists or geographer's out there know for me?  Thanks!

Hope you're all laughin' with me!  Here, for all iris-dom to share and enjoy in the archives --- and in case some future iris sale needs a photo --- is Madeira!

      (Schreiner, R. 1993). Sdlg. W 130-1. TB, 38" (97 cm), M.
      S. wine purple (RHS 79C); F. velvety deeper wine purple (79A); beards purple. Spectacular Bid X Titan's Glory. Schreiner 1993.