RE: Re: Fw: Strange email
  • Subject: RE: Re: Fw: Strange email
  • From: "Robert Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 16:26:47 -0800

MS Security Essentials, AVG, etc. are all pretty good and Iâve used them, and Vipre. Lately I switched to Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. It is not cheap though, but I must say it has a very high quality design, and it has caught several nasties that the other programs had not and do not notice. I recommend it if anybody wants to actually pay for anti-virus.

Curiously, Vipreâwhich claims to not bog down your machineâdid exactly that on my desktops, but not on my wifeâs laptop. Some programs conflict with it but neither I nor the Sunbelt tech support could ever figure out what it was.

Bob Dickow, Moscow, Idaho (where spurias do spectacularly well, and Siberians donât (need too much precious water))

From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of chad schroter

I think Microsoft Security Essentials is a better program, I have been using it for the last 6 months or so without issues. It does not take forever to boot up etc.