[PHOTO] Jan Elizabeth | Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:18:42" />

[PHOTO] Jan Elizabeth

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Jan Elizabeth
  • From: laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 01 12:18:05 -0000

JAN ELIZABETH (Tell Muhlestein, 1959) TB historic

This is an exceptionally meaningful and important iris in my garden.  She
carries the name of my next older sister, Janet Elizabeth, who died of
SIDS at 6 mos of age a couple years before my birth.  I have always
missed having Janet as a physical presence in my life, and now she grows
in my garden.  I also grow LAURIE, and they both bloomed this year.  The
parallels amaze me. JE was introduced into the world a few years before
LAURIE, LAURIE didn't start blooming until right after JE had finished,
and JE has grown very little in her first year (unlike LAURIE, who is far
more vigorous).  It will break my heart if JAN ELIZABETH cannot thrive in
my garden, but if it is her destiny to make only a brief return into our
family every 50 yrs, so be it.  It was such a joy to finally be able to
put a face to my sister's name.