What do I have?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] What do I have?
  • From: gammy1@mediaone.net
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 18:01:44 -0000

About 5 years ago, I got some wild iris's from the state of Michigan.
They were growing wild on a relatives farm. I brought them home and
planted them around the outside of the house. They were dug up once
because the basement flooded when it rained. We had a drainage system
installed and the iris's were replanted. This is the first year since
that they have bloomed. Recently I noticed an odd thing. Five of the
stems surrounding the tree in the front have a strange looking pod
growing on them. It is green and looks like a small pickle about 4 to
5 inches long. Is this a seed pod? I thought that Iris's grew from
bulbs. As you can see,I know next to nothing about the flower. I just
know that they are the so beautiful when they are in bloom.