  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: PHOTOS: GENTLE GRACE, GIBSON GIRL, GLEN WILLOW
  • From: Martin Foley <emjfoley@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:19:48 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi Laurie,

I scanned your picture, then tried to view the attachment, all I see are the words "Image 1" with a grey box where the picture should be. Since the Detroit Zoo is a public place, there is always the possibility that the public could have pulled up the plant marker then replaced it in a different location. There is also the possibility that the club just may have mislabelled the iris. Would like to see your picture of the iris but can't.

Regards, Martin, Birmingham Mi, Zone 5

  laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net> wrote:

I was surprised by your pic of GIBSON GIRL, as it looks absolutely
nothing like the GG I purchased last summer and which bloomed last fall
in my garden (but neglected to bloom this spring).  Here's a scan of
mine.  Could someone please confirm which of these two - Martin's or mine
- is the *real* GG?

GIBSON GIRL (J. M. Gibson, R. 1946) TB rebloomer

Rebloom reported in CA, CO, DE, IN, MI, MO, NE, NY, PA, TX, VA, WI,
Canada, zones 4-7, 9

zone 3b northern MN - clay soil

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream name=gibsongirl.jpg; x-mac-type=4A504547; x-mac-creator=50485554

Do You Yahoo!?