Re: HYB: Tiffany twist?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Tiffany twist?
  • From: Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:25:44 -0700

<lmann@icx.net> writes:
> Randy Squires posted a photo of a seedling and said:
> <One little flaw is the twist in one fall, it's called the Tiffany
> Twist
>
> I can't quite make out what you mean - explain?

Hi Linda,
The Tiffany Twist is when the falls twist off to the side,
in my seedling it is the fall on your left.
I first heard the expression from Keith Keppel in his
program on Glacatas, Plicatas, Luminatas.
Apparently the twist goes all the way back to
TIFFANY (1949) and still shows up in iris today.
Randy in California