Re: OK here's some pinks

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OK here's some pinks
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 19:53:48 -0700

<< << <PatrickJOrr@hotmail.com> writes:
You probably have to play Monty Python music for them like Gerry
<< Hi Patrick,
So that's his secret...lol
I knew he was doing something, they (Mesmerizer) bloom almost
year round for Mr. Snyder.
Any comments Gerry : ) : )
Randy Squires >>   >> >>
Patrick and Randy,

I don't know why Mesmerizer likes my garden so much. But it always has.
Perhaps Monty Byers put a special blessing on the gardens of those of us
who ordered it from his winter pre-catalog the year it came out. His
last year. Sigh--what a loss.

To clarify: I have had summer and autumn rebloom, but not in a few
years. Recently it has been bloom starting in late December to
mid-January, extending to late May or early June. Barely half a year.
BTW, my soil is very sandy, and alfalfa is the main food they get.

And besides, it's just one particular Monty Python song.

I hope Mesmerizer will win the Dykes, but I don't expect it to. Monty
has won it twice very recently, and although such things should not be
important, they are in the minds of too many judges (the same ones who
say, "Not another Schreiner blue!"). I am content that it got a Wister.

Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19