Re: TB: Unknown burgundy

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Unknown burgundy
  • From: lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:28:58 -0000

Mike:
    OK. I will post some pictures of "reds" that I took myself. But
they are all home. Will get them tonight. I had thought of something
else since I sent that last message out. How large are the flowers?
Some reds are huge (SPARTAN, MARAUDER, RED VALOR). Yours could be a
small growing TB, or even one of the IB or BB's. CRANAPPLE is another
possiblity (picture at home too). It is one of the smaller iris
(height and flower size). It is very saturated red; more of a solid
self rather than TRD's lighter stands, deeper falls.
Are the leaves large? Or more in proportion to the plant?
I only have a few of the smaller iris, but the leaves are definitely
skinnier than TB's.
 Laetitia