Re: Re: Setosa seedling-petals

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Setosa seedling-petals
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 05:51:20 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>

> Thanks for your comments. The spoon shape of the standards do seem to
> be very similar to sibtosa. At the same time it is possible for the
> longer standards of pseudacorus  to combine with  seosa to give this
> shape. Of course this is just speculation.
> I posted a photo of the roots/rhizomes. Any comment on this? What do
> sibtosa roots/rhizome look like?

Chuck,

I'll let you know what the rhizomes look like this fall when I divide some
of my 3-year olds. :-)

All of the psuedacorus cvs I've collected have extremely small standards. If
you know of any that have large standards, I'd be interested in adding some
to my collection as soon as the budget recovers from the latest non-iris
emergency. :-)

Christy
Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN