Re: New seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] New seedling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:10:16 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/2002 4:31:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
harold@directcon.net writes:

<<  Beginning hybridizers need to understand that they are looking at 1
 in 10,000 to 100,000 seedlings to combine the good qualities of both
 parents. >>

Harold,  are we talking about relatively modern cultivars as parents?  If so,
I'd understood the percentage is down considerably in more recent years.

Betty Wilkerson Zone 6 SouthCentral Kentucky

Save on REALTOR Fees
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Xw80LD/h1ZEAA/Ey.GAA/2gGylB/TM