Re: Digest Number 1136

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Digest Number 1136
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:00:39 +1000

>Wow!!! That is absolutely beautiful. Certainly
>different from anything I have seen around here. How
>is the growth, bud count and general health?

Hi Sterling, great to meet you back in cyberspace again.
This plant is only very young, and had 3 blooms. The last one down in the
foliage, but i was lucky enough to get a pod from that one, with 6 seeds.
As we had just shifted house, everything was in pots, and some of the PCI's
suffered a bit from humidity. This plant was one, but I think it is coming
good now.
It will be a couple of years before i know how the new ones will perform,
but i am glad to say that they are enjoying the soil, the pine mulch
(needles, and pulverised bark) and the milder conditions here. Those that
were planted in the garde first are showing lots of healthy new growth, and
I expect lots of bloom from them.
My parents had a lovely show from a couple of seedlings planted in similar
conditions in their garden. They were 2 rather pretty ones that I haven't
got here, so I will be getting pieces of them shortly :-)
i hope to have lots of photos to share with you in Summer, when you are all
wintering over and suffering from iris withdrawal.
Cheers, Jan

Save on REALTOR Fees