Re: RE: personal reaction to Sutton seedlings

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE: personal reaction to Sutton seedlings
  • From: Bill Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:52:25 -0500

Mike, Here's my take on your last batch. Maybe not as informed as some,
but just one more personal reaction. A little more negative than
usual...I like three out of eleven.

cys bb - a reblooming CROWNED HEADS would be great, but the orange beard
clashes terribly in my eyes

cxaoi1 - prettier than Conjuration, but that's not enough

J-7RE - pretty enough iris and would probably please once it's in the
garden, but may have difficulty getting from the catalog to the garden,
not flashy enough to draw attention to itself when surrounded by
pictures of all the other beauties

Broken Record - broken colors seem all the rage right now, so now is the
time to introduce this, broken color and a rebloomer - it would sell

j-bz.rejpg - I like this flower very, very much! Probably my pick of
this litter of 11 :-)

i-66 - Everyone will love this one... what's not to like? Beautiful!

pinkameonare - The blend of colors on the falls is a little "mushy"
(what the heck does that mean?), but it's distinctive enough to get
attention and separate from the pack a bit

L-206 - Yuck! What can I say? I hate SAs... I guess I'm too "old
school", to me they're just deformed. Sorry :-(

renewal - Like this a lot, very distinctive, I'd like to grow it...

REbloom - Nice enough, but not distinctive

REbloomer - AS SAs go, it's not too bad ;-) Those appendages are so huge
that they at least don't look like an accident. Less obscene than most
appendages....

Bill Wells (southern MO)