Re: TB: Temple of Time

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Temple of Time
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:59:09 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Shadlow" <rshadlow@w...>
 Temple of Time (Blyth 02)  [photo]

Robin, what a delight to see this!  The registration data describes
the falls as apricot with a "slight" flush of rose around the edges.
This shows substantial rose. MAN ABOUT TOWN, its mama, has some
variation in how much rose is expressed in the fall.  It appears
Temple of Time has this characteristic also.

I note Keith Keppel offers TEMPLE OF TIME at $40 and publishes a
picture of it.  I'm tempted....especially after seeing your photo.
MAN ABOUT TOWN was planted too deeply in the shade here to perform
well.  I've moved it out where it will get much better light.  If it
can produce a beauty like this it sure is worth making space for as a

LOUISA'S SONG, the other parent of DECADENCE, seems to put a lot of
vigor in its babies.  When I set my seedlings out I saw much better
developed root systems in the cross where Louisa's Song is the pollen

It looks like Barry Blyth has got some fantastic things going.  Using
his varieties back with our more familiar ones may produce a burst of
quality for the hybridizer.

Neil Mogensen  z 7, western NC