[PHOTO] yet another sibling | Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:32:17" />

[PHOTO] yet another sibling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] yet another sibling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:31:32 -0500

Here's still another sibling.  Not much difference.  Actually, as plants go,
the whole cross was pretty consistent.  Tall, good substance, variable
branching but mostly good.  I lost the rest of the photos of the group when
the photo card on the camera went bad.  Really, though, I have trouble
convincing myself that they are really a cross of MACHO HOMBRE X KOKO KNOLL.
In neither appearance or growth habits are any aril characteristics visible.
Oddly, I did another cross using BRINDISI X KOKO KNOLL that gave similar
blooms.  Overall they didn't have as good a substance or branching and not
every one had red beards, but some could easily have been siblings to this
cross in appearance.  Gradually, that cross is being worked out and onto the
compost pile, but the MH kids have stayed for the time being.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 8, USA

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510