Re: SDB: Just A Croc pics

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB: Just A Croc pics
  • From: ROBERT PRIES pries@prodigy.net
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:25:40 -0700 (PDT)

Through the years there have been SDBs that carry a
latent gene for variegation. If my memory serves me
one called Stockholm (or maybe it was Copenhagen)was
one of these. It would 90% of the time show no
variegation but in some springs during some weather
conditions it could produce quite a bit of
variegation. Sadly this unstable trait does not seem
to have been stabilized yet in any SDBs that I know
of. The goal of course would be to have consistent
strong variegation like is seen in Iris pallida