[iris photos] TB: Wearing Rubies

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] [iris photos] TB: Wearing Rubies
  • From: pvanconant@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 12:46:08 EDT

Wearing Rubies, TB, 2001, B. Blyth
Just brought these over from Australia in late April and they are blooming now.  Some of the others are sending up stalks too, including Drinks At Sunset, Shadows & High Master.
The present blooms on Wearing Rubies are smallish, no more than 3.5" - 4" in height. Stalks are a bit short too, which was not unexpected.
This was on my "gotta have" list.  Now I am not so sure as the flower appears to be kinda generic. I will however reserve judgement until I see them bloom next season.  We'll see then.
(color may be slightly off in this photo, as I am having a problem with too much blue showing and had to correct.  May still be a bit too blue in the hue.)
Zone 5
Holt, MI

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here