  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: LADY FIRE X DESERT MOONLIGHT
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:00:53 -0000

Hello Chris,

> I just saw these, they're very interesting.

Problem children!  Interesting is the best that can be said.  I
don't have many requirements of this type cross since I consider it
an intermediate step.  The big requirement is some fertility.  That
is apparently a huge one for this type of cross.  One that's going
to take time and patience.  They aren't proving willing parents with
ABs for the most part.  How they look and grow is secondary to that

> If you have more seedling photos, I'd be game to see them.

There are a few more.  I may post some when posting is slow just so
others that might be inclined to try the TB x AB cross can see what
has resulted.  I think a really good OGB- in terms of appearance and
growth habits as a garden subject in and of itself might be
uncommon.  At least with TBs.  Roberto's posting with the Bianco SDB
looks pretty nice.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links