Old Iris info/help request

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Old Iris info/help request
  • From: "Sheri Sommars" <MNHop2@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:33:42 -0500
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:33:42 -0500

Photo E-mail Play slideshow | Download images
Hello all,
Just spent the weekend planting Iris at my parents central MN farm and I now come back with some questions.  While up there, I helped the neighbor "thin out" a clump of old iris they had planted back in the late 50's.  They look great in a clump but rather plain by themselves.  We thinned the very crowded clump down to about 1/4 of what it was and I took some  and am sharing some with a friend in town.  My questions... can anyone help with any form of information on these iris?  They are much shorter than the TB's I have, but taller than dwarfs I've seen.  Could they be species or Historics? Any ideas on maybe an ID?  Very pale yellow where they were growing with brown lines in the falls and yellow beards.  Hope this picture works...
Sheri in MN (MNHop2@msn.com)
growing in zone 4a & 3b
This MSN Photo E-mail slideshow will be available for 30 days.
To share high quality pictures with your friends and family using MSN Photo E-mail, join MSN.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links