Re: a bit more than double

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: a bit more than double
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:26:36 -0000

> I'm enjoying all your pictures, Donald.

Thanks, Francelle.  The beds sure look different at the moment and
are sure to look worse unless we get some rain.  I've seen them
worse, though.  The pictures keep my hopes up.

>City Lights is one of my favorites because it's one of my
> best rebloomers.  I almost always have a nice stalk of it on my
> Thanksgiving table.

It clearly does better for you than it does for me.  I love the
color and effect of the white and blue, but it usually is a poor
speciman in the iris patch.  Never has tried to rebloom.  How do you
manage to get one to do that with your heat?  I still have severe
limits on water usage so I pretty much just don't worry about
rebloom.  I want that spring show, though.

>I tried to use it as a parent this
> spring with no success.

It did for me this year, but with AB pollen of course.  I'd tried
both it and CLARENCE in the past wanting to use a zonal patterm, but
this is the first success for seeds.  Now if some will just
germinate and survive to bloom......

Yahoo! Groups Links