Re: Re: OT: home

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Re: OT: home
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:08:42 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:08:42 -0600

You can catch a glimpse of a view to the southeast beyond the house here.  Wish I could list all the Iris in the shot, but that will come with a lot more time sitting down and sorting everything out.  The clump to the rear left is one of the "pink" I. pallida, and the flowers in front of the Rosemary are probably 'Liason'.  There is a partial teaser of 'Wabash' at the right edge.  The green thing behind the Rosemary is a Fig and the things with sticks sticking out are potted Texas Redbud and Magnolia trees that are rather severely wind beaten (not the best choices - in retrospect).  They have large rocks on top of the edges of the pots to keep them from blowing over.  The Rosemary still looked brown from the hail beating it took a month earlier, but was still blooming well though.  The Fig and other trees had a new crop of leaves. Didn't bother the Flowering Quince between them.  There is an Afghan Pine to the left in the background.  It's one of the few trees that is growing fast and loves the weather.  Italian Stone Pines do well, but are slow.  Digger Pines look like winners too.  Loblolly is doing well, but needs lots of water.  Two others are Russian Olive and White Poplar.  I've been getting lots of the Pines lately (get a new one as a living Christmas Tree every year now too).  The Junipers and Cypress do well, but again, they are too slow.
I clearly need to work on the scanner or software settings.  It should have enough resolution to be sharp and clear, but instead looks glassy and a bit blurred.  The blue streak is a scratch from a careless developer (maybe there was something in the roll when it was unrolled? (sand from all that wind?).  I know it's a bit large, but any smaller and their's little point in sending it.  Oh well, the experimenting continues.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image