Re: Opinions Please?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Opinions Please?
  • From: "Kent Appleberry" appleb@cut.net
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:53:52 -0000

Now, you know I'm not an expert, but in the last couple years many, maybe as
many as one hundred of the irises I've planted have been in no better shape
than the ones in your photo.  Almost all have done well.  You might just plant
them and seek a refund for those that don't grow.  For what it's worth ...

Kent
Sanpete County, Utah, zone 4/5, about 6,000 feet
No iris blooming or even thinking about it

Linda Hunt <nakihee@gmail.com> said:

> ------=_Part_17688_16515270.1153492330368
>
> I received two iris rhizome orders in the mail yesterday.  Both came from
> CA.  I was so terrible disappointed with one of the orders that I called the
> company in question to request a refund.  She assured me that the rhizomes
> in question would grow....just to plant them and I would be pleasantly
> surprised in the spring.  I have been growing iris for over 25 years and I
> have been hybridizing for about 3 years.  I have never ever seen iris that
> look this bad.
>
> I would love to know if you think the iris on the right side of the enclosed
> photo will grow.  These are iris from the 2 different companies that I
> received from.  I sent this picture to the company when I requested a
> refund.  She politely told me to just plant the iris, but did not want to
> refund my money.  Is there a chance that these might grow in your personal
> opinions???????????????????
>
> In Doubt in Lascassas
> Linda
>
> ps:  I deliberately did not mention the companies names because I am not in
> the business of making trouble for anyone.  My concern is just going to the
> trouble to plant all of these iris and getting nothing in return.

> This e-mail has been scanned by Cut.Net Managed Email Content Service, using
Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on
Cut.Nets Content Service, visit http://www.cut.net
> ------=_Part_17688_16515270.1153492330368

came from CA.&nbsp; I was so terrible disappointed with one of the orders that
I called the company in question to request a refund.&nbsp; She assured me
that the rhizomes in question would grow....just to plant them and I would be
pleasantly surprised in the spring.&nbsp; I have been growing iris for over 25
years and I have been hybridizing for about 3 years.&nbsp; I have never ever
seen iris that look this bad.&nbsp;
enclosed photo will grow.&nbsp; These are iris from the 2 different companies
that I received from.&nbsp; I sent this picture to the company when I
requested a refund.&nbsp; She politely told me to just plant the iris, but did
not want to refund my money.&nbsp; Is there a chance that these might grow in
your personal opinions???????????????????
am not in the business of making trouble for anyone.&nbsp; My concern is just

Cut.Nets Content Service, visit http://www.cut.net<BR>

--

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM